What are frameless glass shower systems?
Frameless glass shower systems are modern and sleek shower enclosures that do not require metal framing to hold the glass panels in place. Instead, they use thicker tempered glass that is sturdy enough to support itself without the need for additional support from metal frames. The result is a shower system that looks seamless and allows for unobstructed views of the tile or stone inside the shower.
What are the advantages of a frameless glass shower system?
There are several advantages to using a frameless glass shower system, including:
- Aesthetics: The absence of frames and hardware in a frameless glass shower system provides a clean, modern, and open look to your bathroom. The seamless glass panels also allow for an unobstructed view of your tile work or shower wall.
- Low maintenance: Because there are no metal frames to collect water or soap scum, frameless glass shower systems are easy to clean and maintain. A quick wipe down with a squeegee or soft cloth after each use is typically all that is needed to keep the glass looking crystal clear.
- Durability: Frameless glass shower systems use thicker tempered glass that is less likely to break or crack compared to traditional framed shower doors. Additionally, tempered glass is designed to break into small pieces rather than large, sharp shards, making it a safer option for your bathroom.
- Customization: Frameless glass shower systems can be custom made to fit any size or shape of your shower space, providing you with endless design possibilities.
- Value: Installing a frameless glass shower system can increase the value of your home and provide a high-end, luxurious feel to your bathroom.
How do I measure for a frameless glass shower system?
Measuring for a frameless glass shower system is an important step to ensure a proper fit and installation. Here are the steps to follow:
- Determine the location and size of your shower: Decide where you want your shower to be located and measure the width, height, and depth of the space to determine the size of the glass panels you will need.
- Consider the type of shower door: Decide what type of shower door you want, such as a sliding, hinged, or pivoting door, and measure the opening width to ensure the door will fit properly.
- Measure the width of the walls: Measure the width of the walls where the glass panels will be installed. Be sure to take into account any irregularities or uneven surfaces that may require customization.
- Measure the height of the walls: Measure the height of the walls from the top of the shower pan or threshold to the ceiling. Be sure to take into account any slopes or angles in the ceiling.
- Account for any obstructions: Measure and note any obstructions that may affect the installation of the glass panels, such as light fixtures, shelves, or built-in benches.
- Consider the hardware: If you plan to install hardware, such as towel bars or handles, be sure to measure and note their locations on the glass panels.
It is recommended that you consult with us to ensure accurate measurements and proper installation of your frameless glass shower system.
Can a frameless glass shower system be installed in a small bathroom?
Yes, a frameless glass shower system can be installed in a small bathroom. In fact, frameless glass shower systems are a popular choice for small bathrooms because they can create the illusion of more space and provide an open, airy feel to the room. With their sleek and minimalist design, frameless glass shower systems can blend seamlessly into any bathroom, regardless of its size.
Are frameless glass shower systems easy to clean?
Yes, frameless glass shower systems are generally easy to clean, which is one of their main advantages over traditional framed shower doors. Because frameless glass shower systems do not have metal frames, they are less likely to accumulate soap scum and dirt, making them easier to clean and maintain.
What type of glass is used for frameless glass shower systems?
Tempered glass is typically used for frameless glass shower systems. Tempered glass is a type of safety glass that is specially treated to increase its strength and resistance to impact. This makes it an ideal choice for use in shower enclosures where safety is a concern.
How much does a frameless glass shower system cost?
The cost of a frameless glass shower system can vary widely depending on factors such as the size and complexity of the installation, the type of glass and hardware used, and the region where you live. A basic installation can cost between $800 and $1,500, while custom installations can cost $2,500 to $5,000 or more. Material costs, such as glass panels and hardware, can also impact the overall cost.
Can a frameless glass shower system be customised?
Yes, a frameless glass shower system can be customised to fit your preferences and needs. You can customise the glass type, glass thickness, hardware finishes, door style, and size and shape of the enclosure. Consult with us today to explore the various options available to you.
How long does it take to install a frameless glass shower system?
The time it takes to install a frameless glass shower system depends on the size and complexity of the installation, and can range from 1-2 days for a basic installation to 2-4 days or longer for a more complex one. Factors such as pre-installation work, custom installations, enclosure size, and additional features can impact the installation time.
Is it possible to add a frameless glass shower system to an existing bathroom?
Yes, it's possible to add a frameless glass shower system to an existing bathroom. However, the feasibility of the installation will depend on the current layout and structure of your bathroom. It's important to consult with a professional contractor to determine the best options for your specific situation. They can help assess the space, offer design options, and provide recommendations for any necessary modifications or structural changes.